Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Update on the (3!) kiddos

Alex is 3 1/2 now.  He talks all the time, and asks lots of questions. It has been a challenging year, as he really knows how to push my buttons and wear me down.  I think things will be better for us once I get a better handle on discipline (see previous post).  He has a great imagination and finds lots of uses for his toys.  His favorite thing right now is space and rockets.

I found these questions on another blog.  You are supposed to ask them the questions every year to see how their answers change over the years.  Fun!

1. What is your favorite color?   Red
2. What is your favorite toy?  Rocket
3. What is your favorite fruit?  Orange
4. What is your favorite tv show? Rocket (?)
5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch?  Lunchables
6. What is your favorite thing to wear?  Airplane Shirt
7. What is your favorite game?  Football
8. What is your favorite snack?  Newtons
9. What is your favorite animal?  T-Rex and Giraffe
10. What is your favorite song?  Yankee Doodle
11. What is your favorite book?  Space Book
12. What is your favorite cereal?  Carmel cereal (Dulce de leche cheerios)
13. What is your favorite thing to do outside?  Baseball
14. What is your favorite holiday?  Christmas
15. What do you like to take to bed with you at night?  Giraffe, Rhino, T-Rex
16. What is your favorite thing for breakfast?  Waffles
17. What do you want for dinner on your birthday?  A special cheesecake
18. What do you want to be when you grow up?  Big like daddy



Miss Mary will be 2 next month (Yikes, better start the planning!) She is mommy's little helper, and loves to assist with changing Lucy's diapers and bringing me her blanket or pacifier.  She pats her head and says, "It's ok." whenever she cries, and loves to give her hugs and kisses.  If I am busy with Lucy, she loves to follow her big brother around and copy and everything he says and does.  It is so funny.  She is becoming more independent every day and won't let me put her clothes on in the morning without throwing a fit.  I think she will be ready to start potty training a lot earlier than little Alex, and I plan to start right after she turns 2.  



Our little Lulu is doing great.  She is 8 weeks old now, and growing quickly.  She had a little jaundice at the hospital, and it increased the first few days we were home, so she had to be under some special lights for a few days. 




She was very sleepy for the first several days and I had to wake her up to feed her.  She also had her days and nights mixed up for a couple of weeks, which was exhausting.  Now things are better, and the last several nights she has been sleeping about 6 hours straight.  I doubt it will last though.  I remember Mary did that for a few months and then she starting waking every 2-3 hours again.  So I will enjoy the long stretches of sleep while I can!


She is a really good baby, and is easily consoled.  She is looking around more now, and probably wonders about the two little people that cause all sorts of racket while she is trying to sleep!






1st bath :)



We can't decide who she looks like, but in a lot of pictures, like this one, she kind of looks like little Alex did at this age.




We celebrated St. Lucy's feast day on Dec. 13th by having pudding cups with raspberry eyeballs :)


These two are such buddies (most of time), and I am glad they have each other to play with when I am busy with Lucy.



My pretty girl still doesn't have much hair, but at least she is starting to leave her headbands on :)

No comments:

Post a Comment