Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Thanksgiving/ Lucy's 1st Birthday

Pumkin streusel muffins for Thanksgiving morning :)  I thought the kids would love them, but they still didn't have much of an appetite from the recent stomach bug.  We had planned to go to Mass, but since the kids weren't feeling great, we just stayed home and watched the parade on tv.


Lucy's b-day cake.  I did a fall theme since we celebrated her birthday with the family on Thanksgiving.



I had to snap a pic of Mary with her pigtails, since she never leaves anything in her hair for more than a minute :(




I didn't get any pictures of the food, but it was all delicious.  Here is my almost-1-year-old and I with full tummies and happy faces :)


Present time :)







She didn't eat too much of the cake, but loved exploring it and squishing it between her fingers.





Here she is on her actual birthday.  I say this all the time, but the year has really flown by.  We have had a wonderful year with her, and she makes our hearts so happy with her precious smiles and joyful demeanor.  She is interacting with us more, and loves to clap and play peek-a-boo. She looks at her siblings with awe, and loves to be near them while they are playing.  I am awaiting those precious first steps and first words, and plan to enjoy and savor this special time.


I made cookie sandwiches with homemade vanilla ice cream for her birthday dessert.  Yum!  Happy 1st birthday, my sweet Lulu!



No comments:

Post a Comment