Friday, June 7, 2013

Lucy- 6 months


I can't believe my baby girl is 6 months.  She has been a wonderful addition to our family, and is very happy and content.  I think she is the most vocal of all my kids at this age, and will happily sit in her bumbo or lay on her playmat and "talk" for long periods of time.  We go to the doctor next week for her 6 month visit.  I am anxious to see how much see weighs.  I think she is bigger than Mary was at 6 months.


A rare occasion where she remained asleep after I put her in the crib.  Because of this we are co-sleeping. Once she starts rolling around more, I will try the crib again.  If we can't get her to sleep in there, I will probably move her mattress to the floor.


For awhile she was sucking on her thumb a lot, but seems to be growing out of it now.


She started grabbing things around 4 months, and will happily play with anything we put in her hand.




Our swing broke a few weeks ago, and we opted not to fix it because we don't want to rely on it the point we did with Mary where she ended up sleeping all night in it.  It threw off her nap schedule, and one day I found her like this while I was preparing dinner.  


I haven't done too much in the way of solid foods with her yet.  We have tried rice cereal and sweet potatoes. 

Here she is, ready for the first feeding.  



"I'm not so sure about this..."




"Mmmm!  More please!"



"Done already?"


Success!



I love this picture of Alex and Lucy.  They are both looking at me the same way :)



And here is a cute video of Alex and Lucy.  She is so enamored with her big brother :)





No comments:

Post a Comment