Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Eczema issues

For an unknown reason, Mary's eczema is worse than ever, and I have scheduled an appointment with a dermatologist.  I am hoping he will be more helpful than her pediatrician and will suggest something other than steroid cream.  Despite being bad for the body, steroids only take care of the symptoms.  I need to figure out the cause, and am starting to consider that it might be diet-related.  From what I have read, gluten and dairy are the most common culprits.  My kids live on gluten and dairy products, so I hope she doesn't starve if she has to be put on an elimination diet!  Luckily, since so many people are allergic to these things, there are lots of alternative products available.  So I guess it won't be hard to find things for her to eat, it will just be a lot more expensive! I also think she may be allergic to something in the air, as she has had a runny nose for over a month now.  I may take her to an allergist as well to see what we can find out.  It doesn't bother her terribly, but I do catch her itching from time to time, and new spots have appeared on her body.  Hoping to get some answers and relief for her soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment