Monday, December 17, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

I was really looking forward to Thanksgiving this year since we had been in Houston the last several years.  Being near the end of my pregnancy, I was craving a yummy meal and was excited to spend the day with family, celebrating all we have to be thankful for.  The day started off well.  Alex brought home doughnuts after going to the gym and we watched part of the Macy's parade.  After the kids took a nap, we headed over to my parents house.  Then, 20 minutes before we were about to eat, Mary threw up :(  When we sat down to eat, I made the mistake of giving her some applesauce and mashed potatoes.  I should have known better, but I felt so bad for her when everyone had plates full of yummy food.  She was ok for awhile and I sat down with her on the couch to relax.  My family surprised us with a little baby shower.  Most of gifts were diapers and wipes. Perfect!   Then with her in my lap, she threw up again.  I went upstairs to change, and when I returned to finish opening gifts, we noticed Alex was looking really pale and I knew we needed to get him to the bathroom fast.  Luckily he made it upstairs before he threw up.  We decided we better leave at that point, and my mom sent some pumpkin pie home with us.  I was upset on the way home that, of all days, and of all the hours on that day, they had to get sick during the short time we were there.  But then I remembered what the day was about, and started thinking about how thankful I was to have healthy kids, and that we have never had to deal with any serious illnesses.  Neither of them have ever even had a ear infection.  The occasional bouts of stomach flu and colds are nothing compared to what some people are dealing with.  Put the day in a different perspective for sure!  

A few days before Thanksgiving, the kids in our preschool co-op made these cute handprint/footprint turkeys.  Alex's turned out really well!






A close up of the finished product :)



Love this pic taken a few weeks ago.  So thankful for this crazy bunch!


No comments:

Post a Comment