Saturday, May 14, 2011

3 months

My baby girl is already 3 months old!  She is at that stage where she is starting to smile and coo a lot, and I am really enjoying it.  She is pretty clingy in the evenings, so I get lots of cuddle time as I sit on the couch and nurse her. She really is an easy baby, and I think the biggest challenge has just been adjusting to life with a newborn again, and not having the freedom I was starting to enjoy since little Alex has become more independent.  I struggle with the desire to have the apartment clean and organized all the time, and the realization that it is never going to stay that way with young kids at home.  I try and remind myself to be grateful for the mess because it means I have a joyful and active toddler (and a new baby that needs LOTS of attention) and would be very sad if, instead, I didn’t have these kids and had a house that was in immaculate condition all the time.  It helps me to reflect on the words in this post.  This week is my first week back full-time and it is SO hard to be away from my babies all day.  I just keep telling myself that this won’t last forever, and can’t wait for the day when I can be a stay-at-home mom.  I do feel blessed that we live close enough to work that I can come home on my lunch to nurse Mary and spend a few minutes with hubby and little Alex.

He loves to say, "Run, run, run" as he races around the apartment.  


The Lynch men:



Happy girl


All wrapped up for bed.  I love this swaddler, called the "Swaddlepod" because it zips up.  I can never get regular blankets tight enough and they always come loose.


We had to get a new swing because the motor went out on our old one.  This one has a "My Little Lamb" theme- perfect for a little girl named Mary.






A cute little frog we saw outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment