Saturday, April 9, 2011

Mary at 6 weeks

Here are some pics of baby girl at 6 weeks.  Oh, how we love her!  She has a much more mellow disposition than little Alex did at this age (she usually calms down immediately when picked up, after a few weak little cries that just melt my heart), AND she is an excellent sleeper (she has slept 7 hours straight on several occasions).  This makes for a very happy mommy and daddy.  We have never had any bouts of inconsolable crying like we had with little Alex, and we are hoping it stays that way when she won't have 24/7 access to the breast when I have to go back to work.

Speaking of nursing, Mary has not been on formula since she was about 3 weeks old!  Yay!  We started supplementing in the hospital because they thought she had a poor suck, and it was hard to keep track of wet diapers since she was on an IV for the first 48 hours of her life.  I still gave her some formula once we got home, but even then it was only 2 oz/day at most.  I eventually got to the point where I just gave her expressed breast milk after she nursed and stopped the formula altogether.  Now I am only pumping a few times a day (enough so that I always have a bottle in the fridge if I need to run an errand or take little Alex to an activity) AND I already have a nice little freezer stash!  After the breastfeeding problems I had with little Alex, I am thrilled to be providing all the nourishment my baby needs!

Little Alex has been great with her, although I am still a bit nervous that he doesn't quite understand the concept of "gentle".  He loves to point out body parts, and sometimes not just on himself, so he will poke her in the eye sometimes when attempting to point it out to us.   He gives her lots of kisses and loves to imitate what we do with her.  I have a pic below of him and his "baby" in the bouncer. I can't wait to watch them grow up together!


On the way to Old Town Spring with my parents.  Love her face!


 Tummy time!

 I love this picture.  It looks like she is staring right at him :)


Her favorite place to sleep...


My baby in the wrap.  Just like little Alex did, she falls asleep right when I put her in.  One of my most favorite baby items!

 Milk tongue

  I can't believe there are four of us now!!


Baby Elmo getting some TLC from his "mommy"


No comments:

Post a Comment