Thursday, December 23, 2010

Thanksgiving

We were so blessed that my family was able to come down for Thanksgiving and we had a wonderful time. They arrived late Wednesday, and came over Thursday morning to help me get the turkey ready.  I felt so clueless since I have never cooked a whole turkey before, and they were a big help.  They had fun playing with little Alex and we just relaxed and watched football while the turkey cooked. After a yummy meal, we couldn’t do much but sit around.  My mom helped me start a Christmas stocking I had gotten to make for little Alex, and agreed to take it home and finish it for me since I have no time or talent for crafty things.  The next day we did some Christmas shopping and went to our favorite Mexican restaurant, Lupe Tortilla.  It was delicious, as always, and we were entertained by Bobby as he struggled to get through his ultra-spicy fajita meal.  We then headed over to their hotel for a dip in the pool.  The next days we just relaxed at home some more.  Little Alex loved having other people to drag around and had fun pulling them into his tent, and dancing to the music Amanda played on her phone for him. My parents went to Mass with us that night and then we all went out for bbq later.  Sunday was sad as it was time for them to return to Denver.  We went to the park and walked around Waterway Square before saying our farewells.  Thanks for everything guys!  Can’t wait to see you in March!






No comments:

Post a Comment