Friday, October 21, 2011

Gymboree

Little Alex enjoyed a month’s worth of classes at Gymboree thanks to a good deal I got through Groupon.  The instructor explained that an important milestone in his age group is the development of symbolic thought.  Alex has definitely grasped this concept in his play at home and always uses objects to symbolize other things.  Lately he has been having fun “cooking” things for Alex and I.  We really need to get him a play kitchen!  The kids had fun roaming around the play area, making bean bag “cookies” and rolling around the mats pretending to be caterpillars getting ready to emerge from their cocoons as beautiful butterflies.  Alex’s favorite part was probably the parachute games they played at the end of each class.  My opinion?  It’s was ok for the deal I got, but I would never pay $80/month for these classes.  I think he could have just as much fun at the park!





1 comment:

  1. Sophia tried the Gymboree classes too, when she was 14 months. I agree: they were fun, and I understand that the kiddo's have to attend multiple classes to benefit from the growth, but she actually had the same type of experience at gymnastics for half the price. Anyway, Little Alex sure looks like he is having a great time! And it is awesome that he's learning about his Guardian Angel--we recently taught Sophia about hers, too, since she's been having bad dreams. So fun to see Little Alex doing some of the same things we're doing out here--it's like they're on the same little page! xoxo

    ReplyDelete